Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Surprise!

I had a fabulous birthday this year.  We went out to dinner at Iggy's on Thursday and had a fabulous time.  Everyone one was able to come and I loved every minute of it.
Thursday night, Keith told me to have an overnight bag packed and be ready by 4:45 on Friday.
He picked me up and we went to Springhill Suites in SLC.  When we walked right by the registration desk, I got a little suspicious.  As he opened the door to the room, I saw it decorated with signs and balloons.  Then, my cute family jumped out and yelled surprise! Having them there was awesome. MyKelle was totally giddy. She had tried to tell me we where going swimming when she called me on my birthday.  I thought she just thought we were because that's what we did for Travis' birthday.
Keith had ordered pizzas and Katie made an amazing ice cream cake. We ate dinner and watched the Utes lose in the NCAA game.  Swimming was fun.  We had the pool to ourselves, however, it was a little cool.  The kids didn't seem to mind though.  I think we ought to do this much more often.   Thanks everyone for a wonderful celebration.

8 comments:

TravandNat said...

It was lots of fun! I especially like that Trav called in sick so that he could be there! Sorry the Utes lost! I wish that I had some of that ice cream cake right now!

Mindy and Garry said...

How fun! Your family is so great to do that for you! Happy Birthday!

The Whitney's said...

That was a lot of fun! I say we should do it more often too!

Suz said...

What a fun idea! Glad you had a happy fam filled day!

Marilee said...

Yet another fun family outing for the Gine's. Actually that cake looks like the best thing. What can I say, I've got a thing for ice cream cakes--well all cakes. Yum.

Katie Jo said...

It was fun! MyKelle keeps asking when were going to go back to the hotel to go swimming?

Grandma Cheryl said...

Your husband and kids are awesome. What a fun surprise for you and memorable activity for the whole family. Enjoy each year - they creep up on you and before you know it, you'll be "advanced in years" like me.
Love you sis!

Meghan said...

ok but did you have the "you pulled this off without my help" look on your face like gammy did 9 years ago this month?
what a cute fam to surpirse you and fun to spend the eve with them eating and eating and tv-ing and swimming.
yay you. happy day again.