Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ahhhh, Oregon

The Gines family took our bi-annual trip to the Oregon coast. (Travis and Nat weren't able to come because Trav has a new job a Primary Children's Hospital and didn't have enough vacation time.) Eleven days of bliss. I don't think we've ever had a vacation where everyone got along so well. Truly a memorable trip. This was Jeremy's first trip, so it was fun to share with him the places we love.
At Multunoma Falls we hiked to the bridge to ohhh and ahhhh.

Horseshoe Falls on the Columbia River Gorge.
We only took 2 cars for the 10 of us. We were going to rent a U-Haul trailer to haul all our gear. Well, the Saturday before, we brought up the idea of buying a truck and by that night we had a Dodge Truck. It really is a comfortable ride. I even like it. We so do things on the spur of the moment. It was the only one we even drove.
Portland was having a heat wave with temperatures of 107 degrees. So many people came to the beach to cool off, we couldn't believe it was Oregon, looked more like San Diego. We actually swam and played in the ocean. Now that's a change. This is the view out of our 8th story room. Fabulous views.

Gage hates getting sand on his feet, so he won't walk on the sand, but he loves to dig and play in it.

Kelli and Jeremy at the beach at Seaside in front of our condo.
I love this picture of Adam and Jessica. It really shows their cute personalities.
This is at the fish hatchery.
Katie's family at the Yaquina Bay lighthouse.
Jeremy and Gage at Indian beach.
MyKelle absolutely loves the water. She chased the waves with Poppy and dug in the mud.
Here she is at Cape Kwanda building a sand castle.
Yep, it was an amazing trip. When do we go again?

10 comments:

Adam And Jessica said...

i want to go back so bad. that picture of adam and i is so funny.

TravandNat said...

Next time we'll go too! Good times! I'm glad it was so successful!

Marilee said...

Happy you had a fun trip. I heard about the heat wave while you were there. What luck to be the beneficiary of mother natures whim.
You really should make copies of thoses beautiful coastal photos.

Katie Jo said...

Can we go next week? I'm totally up for it!!

The Whitney's said...

I can go next week for sure!

Meghan said...

i suppose you will go again in 2011.
love the post. love that it was nice and war whilst you were visiting. coulda used a few more pictures.

Mindy and Garry said...

that looks like an awesome place to vacation! good luck starting back at school soon! I'll call you here soon. I'm in Bountiful way more than I thought I would be lately!

Suz said...

I second the motion for more photos. I love that you love being together and having good family fun. Nothing better in all the world.

Did I mention that I could go for a few more photos?

Jolene said...

I was too busy handling the video recorder to get many pictures. Katie and Kelli are suppling those!
Meg and Suz, when do we get Bear Lake pics?

Grandma Cheryl said...

this a beautiful part of the world. i loved having you for my tour guide a couple of times. thanks for sharing it with me. so glad you could make lots of great family memories! that's what it's all about.
you were there for 11 days? lets have more ocean photos please.