Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun Weekend

I played a lot this weekend. To heck with the "labor" part of the weekend. I let the work wait and enjoyed.

Saturday EARLY morning, I met Kelli and her in-laws and friends and we headed up to Midway to Swiss Days. It rained on us early, and that was fine. Five minutes after I spent my $2.00 on a rain poncho,t (mind you they started at $1.00 and supply and demand doubled the price) the rain stopped.

Then came the people, thousands of them. I don't love a crowd, but I loved the company and the shopping.

I found a cute quilt set for my bed and some fun decorations, and Christmas presents.
We were tired shoppers when we left. Then it was to the Dairy Keen for a yummy lunch.
Thanks Kelli for inviting me.

Monday morning we went to Layton for breakfast.
This is a fun "dive" to have breakfast.
There is always a line. A sure sign of good food.
The portion sizes are huge. This is the sweet roll Adam and I shared for breakfast. Talk about your sugar rush.



In the afternoon, Keith and I went 4 wheeling and motorcycling up Farmington Canyon, (along with hundreds of others).

Travis, Addi, Troy and Ethan went with us.

Whoops, Travis hit a rock wrong and had a flat on his jeep. We were in a spot that no one could get around us, so everyone waited for the tire to get fixed.

Cute Addi and Ethan waiting for the tire to get changed. Notice the gorgeous view.

Addi loves to throw rocks. Yep, Trav got dirty, but so did Keith and I. Talk about a dusty ride!

Clear sky, amazing views, and comfortable temperature. Heaven.

Great weekend. Fall is coming, my favorite season. Can't wait.

6 comments:

Marilee said...

1. What is this wonderful place? I've never even heard of it. (unless it's just one more thing I've forgotten.)
2. Must. Have. That. Cinnamon. Roll. You can never have too much glaze. Gimme, gimme.

Meghan said...

ooh - so glad you got out and labored to have some fun? is that a stretch?
i must know the dive - i live here you know....i could go on a whim... do they have those rolls to go?
ps. mar, if i find them i will send one to you. but not really. i can't imagine it could travel well...

Suz said...

Glad you went Swiss. I used to make a Park City weekend out of that with my work pals. Matt said they saw you up on the hills. Damn the man that made me work :(

The Whitney's said...

Thanks for coming with me to Swiss days! I love it up there sorry about the crowd, just breath and it will get over fast! Looks like you had a fun weekend even though only 1 day was with me.

TravandNat said...

Good fun! Travis always leaves out the details..I had no idea he popped a tire.
Glad you survived Swiss Days! Breakfast looks awesome! We'll have to go with you sometime!

Jay said...

wait a second where the hell are your helmets on those wheelers?....