Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy 26th Katie



Today my daughter turns 26 years old.  
We were so excited when she was born.  We had 2 sons and were so excited to have a girl.  I went crazy and bought EVERYTHING pink.  She wore so much pink that at the age of 3 or 4, she said to me, "Mommy, no more pink!"  She has loved purple every since.  She was gifted and talented as a child, doing things ahead of expected time. Some of my favorite things she said:  Her Papa was tending and he was reading the newspaper, not really paying a whole lot of attention to the chatty 3 year old.  Finally, she pulled down his paper and scolded him with, "Fine, you not talk to me, I go to Bed!"  One day after primary, I asked her how class  had gone.  She told me, "Sunbeams fart."  I guess one kid had a problem in class and that's how she understood her teacher's explanation.  
Katie has overcome trials and hard times.  She has learned and grown from her experiences in life. Heavenly Father has watched over and protected her and led her where she needed to be.
Katie has always been everyone's princess. To this day her Papa still thinks of her has his special princess.  She is kind, thoughtful, loving, silly, (and to the amazement of her brothers) funny, talented, creative, and my best friend (along with her sister).
She loves sleep, loooong showers, soap operas, TV and movies, the Olive Garden, crafting, reading, her family and her husband and wonderful children.
Katie is an awesome Mom.  She has always loved children and is much more patient and kind than I ever was. She is a tender, understanding, giving wife.
I love her and am so glad she is a part of my world.  I am better because I know her.  I feel blessed with the priviledge of being her Mom and watching her learn and grow. 
Happy Day my sweet daughter.

5 comments:

The Whitney's said...

Happy Birthday katie! I love you! Good post mom!

Katie Jo said...

wow! Such kind words! I could never have been the kind of person i am today without a great mom! Thanks mom for eveything you do for me!

Adam And Jessica said...

either i am really tired, or some of those sentances are really confusing. =) Happy Happy birthday from applebees to you, we wish it was our birthday, but now i have to poo!.

-Adam

Jolene said...

Thanks Adam, i think I fixed them.

Laurie Bingham said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katie! That was such a great post Jolene!