Friday, November 28, 2008

HAPPY 30TH ADAM

Heaven forbid, my oldest child is 30 years old today.  Adam is an amazing son.  He doesn't realize what an important part of my life he is. I depend on him for so many things. 
I knew from the time I was 4 months pregnant that I would have a son, (that's before ultrasound.) We were both so excited. Keith even bought Adam a train set when he was 1 month old. Sweetest baby ever and so loved.
Adam talked early.  At the age of 2 and 1 month he memorized an 8 line Christmas poem ( The first 4 lines were 'R is for reindeer a truly fine creature whose (something, something) at Christmas we feature.' I can't remember the rest.) I thought that was normal.   I use to bribe him to be quiet for 5 minutes.  To this day, when Adam talks to you, you must give him your full attention.
Adam loved to play with He-Man, transformers, legos, anything that used a great amount of imagination.  Best of all, he didn't require me to play with me, he entertained himself for hours.

Adam has always been a voice for the underdog.  He has a heart as big as gold and would do anything for anyone.  For many years, even before he was married, he has done sub for Santa for families without telling anyone.

Adam has always loved, LOVED computers, staring with the Commodore 64. He would work in the yard for hours with the promise of a new game.
His first video game system he bought was the Sega Genesis.  He had to sell things at a yard sale to earn the money to buy a used one.  Since that time, I think he has bought every system as it comes available.  And CD's - don't get me started, hundreds and hundreds of them.

Adam found his true love with Jess.  When they got married, I told her, he was her problem now. We love his choice of a mate.

Adam is passionate about many things, right now, it's his Utes and his video arcade that he is making. 

His dream of going to a pro football game came true in October when the girls in the family took the boys to a 49ers game.
Adam loves kids and is the best uncle around.  He will be a tender, kind, and loving father some day.

Adam has a sense of humor that entertains us for hours.  He's smart and witty and just plain fun to be around. He and Travis are their Dad's best friend. 
30 years. WOW!  I am truly blessed to be a part of your life.  You are destined for great things.  You don't know the potential you have for good and achievement.  
I love you Adam.


6 comments:

TravandNat said...

Happy Day, Adam! You are great, and I'm glad that I am glad that I am a part of your family!

Adam And Jessica said...

thats better! thanks for the awesome post there mommy! I just wanted to make sure Katie was not the only one that gone one, or I would have been super jealous!!!

-Adam

Adam And Jessica said...

you know what i just noticed...in every single photo I something Red on.....in 66% of the photos i have a Utah Shirt on. GO UTES

Katie Jo said...

happy birthday Adam! I love you!

The Whitney's said...

Happy birthday Adam! We love you! Go Utes. Great post Mom!

Meghan said...

i can't believe you weren't up at 12:01am ready with this post. geez, the things our kids require from us. i am happy you had him, for my sake. i love that kid lots.