Monday, June 29, 2009

Uinta Fun

Travis, Kelli, Jeremy and some of Travis' friends, spent the weekend camping out in the Uinta's. Keith and I are so totally done sleeping in the dirt, (can you say Marriott?) so we met them Saturday morning. It was a perfect day. There is still some snow, but not a lot. There were many deep puddles in the road that were fun to go through. Keith almost fell off his bike on a couple they were so big.
Keith still can get his Honda 500 started and running. We've had this thing for years. He got it from a bank for $50 after it had been repossessed. I was so mad at him at the time for buying it. We just didn't have an extra $50. Believe me, he's more than gotten his money out of this bike.
The thing he likes most is that his sons can't start it. It's really hard to start and so he has to start it for them.
Kelli and Jer on our 4 wheeler. We drove to Trial Lake. It was crowded there, so we went to Trident Lake and Jer taught Kelli how to cast a line to fish. She caught her first twig. I'm so proud.
Travis LOVES his jeep. He took the shell off of it. So, driving up Friday night, Kelli got wet sitting in the back as it rained. Travis had Eddie, the rat terrier, with him. He loves being off the leash and when he takes off, if he doesn't want to be caught, he won't be. Jer had a not so fun time chasing after him. DUMB dog.
It was a great day. Thanks kids for inviting us.

9 comments:

Adam And Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam And Jessica said...

you may want to fix the date on your camera. i don't think you were up there on 5/15/2010. Unless you are from the future, and if so I have questions for you..

Jolene said...

I know, every time I take out the memory stick, the date changes. Dumb huh?

The Whitney's said...

yeah for fun times!!!

Meghan said...

i love that you go on the little fun outings. and that keiths bike only cost him 50 bucks...

Marilee said...

Beautiful scenery. Fun family trip, but--I'm so glad you are through sleeping in the dirt. I've hated it since I was 18. Dirt, bugs, tents, sleeping bags. I just had a little shiver of disgust just writing that. Ick!

Grandma Cheryl said...

I wanna ride a 4 wheeler in the beautiful mountains. How come I didn't get invited???
Glad you had a wonderful outing!

TravandNat said...

FUN! I'm missing you guys for sure! I hope that you have a great time in Girls Camp..good luck sleeping in the dirt, with the bugs! At least you will be blessed by the Lord for your efforts there! :P

Suz said...

Adam and Jess you make me giggle!