Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

Travis and Natalie invited me to come to the zoo with them. I got MyKelle and Gage and away we all went, to the zoo, zoo, zoo. I sang the Peter, Paul and Mary song to MyKelle the whole way there. She wasn't impressed and wouldn't sing with me.
Addi looking fine. She doesn't love to be strapped into anything, Her favorite part of the zoo was the pretzels. She was also very fond of a noisy screeching green parrot. Sounded almost like her screams.
We are checking out the funny monkeys. Notice MyKelle with the map. She studied it the whole way and told us where to go next. Kinda like her JoJo.

MyKelle wanted to see the elephants and the giraffes.
Here's Ethan and MyKelle watching them eat.

Gage checking out the elephants.

MyKelle and Gage saying "Hi" to the giraffes.

Addi was DONE with sitting in any stroller. She pushed this stroller up and down hills and for a really long time. Travis loved to hike and walk. I think Addi must have gotten that gene.

The mandatory picture at the zoo. We couldn't see the gorilla or the lions, which is what Gage wanted to see. They must have been hiding in their "Natural Habitat."
MyKelle and Gage playing with the ball that OC Tanner donated.
(Ignore the date on all these. Dumb camera flips the date every time you take out the memory card.)
Checking out the tortoise.

My beautiful Grandbabies.
We had a fabulous day and the weather was perfect.
Thanks for inviting me Trav and Nat.

4 comments:

Grandma Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had a fun day with the kiddos. They are so cute!
Aren't you glad you get summers off so you can play?!
I'd sing "Going to the zoo..." with you.

Katie Jo said...

MyKelle and Gage had a great time!! With the help of her trusty map we heard about everything that you saw at the zoo. She even informed me that the zookeepers know the difference between animals and people and that they weren't going to lock up any people!! Thanks for the nice break! Love you!!

TravandNat said...

Wow..you're on the ball! I need to get my pics posted. It was lots of fun. Thanks for coming with us!! It wouldn't have been the same without you!!

Marilee said...

Great fun! But the song in my head is Simon and Garfunkle "Something tells me it's all happening at the zoo. I do belive it, I do belive it's true".
Does your life have a soundtrack??