Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Weekend

We had a nice weekend. Jeremy went on a Harley Bike ride with his dad and brother for a few days. When he came to pick up Kelli, Keith got to take a quick ride. He has serious Harley envy. Good thing he got a chance to ride one, because it's the closest he's ever going to get to one. Frankly, I don't get it.

Saturday was the Brain Injury race. Suz, Meghan, and Jared are involved with the planning and running of the show. There were many improvements in the running of the race. Good job.
We all ran on Charlie Cooper's team. (Keith was helping Katie get her kids out of the car when this picture was taken.)

It was a beautiful day for a walk (since I'm not allowed to run, and let's be honest, do I really want to?)
Cute Jess and her mom made Super Cooper capes. Adam was a hit in his. Char enjoyed sporting his as well.
Our blessing boy.Saturday evening Rob and Angel had a birthday party for Charlie Cooper. Great food and good company. The human rubber band was a hit. It's fun to see grown men fly through the air. I don't think there were any serious injuries either. Thanks Rob and Ang for a fun evening.

4 comments:

Marilee said...

Fun pics from the race. Glad you had a nice turnout.
I'm with you on the motorcycle thing. Todd would like the fastest one ever and David likes Harleys. All I see when I look at a motorcycle are broken bones, head injury and at the very least some road rash. When I worked in the ER we referred to them as murder cycles and hondacides. I just saw too much to be a motorcycle believer.
All that aside, I'm glad they had a good--and safe--time.
(geez I'm old)

Suz said...

Idle hands (or is it minds) are the devils workshop. The capes are priceless! I think we might need to look in adams closet. He really likes those capes!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Fun post. Fun Saturday. I really enjoyed hanging out with my sibs and kids.
I did the carts at Larry Miller Speed Way last week. It was really fun. I also enjoy riding the 4-wheelers. Maybe riding a motorcycle is fun too. I'd like to try someday. If you do get in an accident, you're pretty much toast, however.
Love you!

TravandNat said...

It was lots of fun!!! Hooray for family bonding time!!