Monday, May 25, 2009

Families Can Be Together Forever

Memorial weekend has always been marked with the pilgrimage to the cemetaries. We met at Uncle Stan's grave. Quite a good group this year.



Then it was Mom's grave. We OLD and Wise ones posed for a picture. Mostly this is for Marilee.

Cute Papa with my beautiful daughters and grandkiddos.

I told MyKelle that my mommy's body was buried here, but her spirit was was with Heavenly Father and that I really missed her. MyKelle said, "Don't worry JoJo. You will see her again." I had tears to begin with, but then that really brought them out. "My Mommy taught me that. "

Love this cute man. However, he did ask Kelli if she was excited to graduate. Yeah, that was so 5 years ago. Beautiful weather and wonderful to see everyone.


4 comments:

Marilee said...

Thank you dear sister and true friend! The progeny of Marj, Marion and Viv are, um, well--old--and beautiful. (Where's Rod?) Looks like the cemetary was rockin. I didn't see any purple iris (David reminded me that mom called them flags and she would pick them from the yard to take to the cemetary).
Thanks to all the blogging I actually recognize all the grandchildren. Gotta love technology.
Happy Memorial Day!
Is it summer yet?

TravandNat said...

What a fun day. Sorry we missed out. MyKelle is darling..and I'm glad she's feeling better!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Look how smart you are getting the fun posted so fast. Too bad you don't have any Wasatch Lawn Cementary Pictures (hee, hee). The grass was 8" long - not kiddin. Lunch was yummy too! How was the golf game?
Love ya!

Jill's Diary....love it or leave it! said...

Don't worry, Cheryl... I trashed Wasatch on my blog and yes it was an awesome day......... I need to borrow some of your pictures to put on my memorial day blog...Jo