Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day

I really hate Mother's Day. I don't know many men who understand this, but many, many women who do. Mother's Day got more difficult after my own fabulous Mother died.
I have even run away on several Mother's Days, just not to go to church.
(Ask Katie about the trip to Capital Reef.)

But, I ADORE my Mother's Day gift. Four years ago, for my birthday, my daughters and daughters-in-law gave me a scrapbook of my life. It is huge and was such an amazing surprise. Every year since, on Mother's Day, I get a new scrapbook of the last year. It is THE highlight of my year. I miss that I don't get to be with them when they scrapbook, but the end product is PRICELESS!!!!
Kelli is going out of town, so we celebrated tonight. I look at and devour the book. Everytime I look at it, I find loving details they have added to each page. The love that goes into the making of this book fills my heart with joy. My girls are sooo talented. I tried to do one page for our yearbook at school and it was the most stressful night ever. It amazes me how creative they are.
I am blessed with wonderful children and their spouses who love each other and love to be with each other. I can't forget the other joys of my life - Grandbabies!!!
I am getting so forgetful, that the books save those memories I would probably lose without the pictures. My family is my life and my top priority. This scrapbook is a real gift of love that is irreplacable.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Best gift ever. LOVE to you all.

7 comments:

Katie Jo said...

I'm glad you like your scrapbook! And by the way don't ask me about capital reef! It's everyone else that finds that funny! Happy Mother's day mom! We love you!

Marilee said...

What a great way to keep memories. Too cute.
I am with you on the talent it takes to scrapbook. I have none of it.
Happy Mothers Day!

TravandNat said...

I'm not talented at scrapbooking either, I have learned over the years from the pros, and just fake my way through it!

Katie, Capitol Reef is HILARIOUS!...Soory!!

Jo, WE LOVE YOU! Thanks for always being there and wanting to spend time with your family. We have so much fun together! Happy Day!

Adam And Jessica said...

what is this capital Reef stuff???? and Jeremy looks super excited in that last photo behind Gage. It is nice to know that Boomer is more important than I am... Move the date for Boomer. Who cares about weither Adam and Jess can make it =)

The Whitney's said...

That's right Boomer is more important. Just Kidding, Love you Adam and Jess.

Grandma Cheryl said...

You are so lucky to get your book early. I have to wait until Sunday night to get my 23rd scrapbook. I LOVE them...they are the BEST gift ever. I look at them often - time passes so quickly.
I'm also grateful to have children who enjoy working and playing together. My children and grandchildren are my reason for being.
I'm also grateful they got some artistic talent from somewhere in their gene pool. We all know it wasn't from the "N" side of the family.
When can I come peruse your book, Jo? You know I would love it!

Suz said...

This is an awesome gift........one that I hope my children someday give me! The scrappy isn't the best part either....it is the visiting, giggling, eating together part that is most important.